Additional terms, if applicable, regarding the specific privacy rules associated with certain Site Services (such as a sweepstake), will be set forth in the terms of participation associated with that activity.
1. Types of Information Collected
We collect two kinds of information ("Information") through the Site. The first kind is Information that can identify you as a specific individual - such as your name and email address ("PII"). We only collect PII when you provide it to us directly in order to register as a member, participate in a Site Service, or communicate with us (See "Collection of PII" section below). We do not collect personal financial information or personal health information.
The second kind of Information is the kind of non-personally identifiable information ("NPII") collected and stored automatically by many websites. It includes, for example, information about your Internet service provider, operating system, type of browser, geographic location, and your activity on the DramaFever Site. Although this information is related to you, it is not associated with your PII and cannot be linked to you personally.
2. Collection of PII
DramaFever collects PII in the following ways:
- If you register as a member on the Site or participate in certain Site Services, you will be asked to provide a limited amount of PII to allow us to establish your account, personalize your Site experience, and communicate with you in connection with your use of the Site. You can edit the PII in your account at any time by logging into DramaFever.com and clicking on the 'Edit Your Settings' link at the top of any page.
- When you notify us of a problem with any Site Content or the operation of the Site or a Site Service, or when you submit a suggestion, complaint, question, request, or any other e-mail correspondence, DramaFever asks for your e-mail address so that you can receive a response. This information will only be used to notify you that we have received your communication and to address your comments or concerns.
- When you post any PII on the website, that posting will be stored on the Site. Please also note that if you post your PII on the Site where it can be viewed by other Site visitors and Registered Members, your PII becomes available to those people.
We do not intend to collect PII from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years old, you should not be submitting any PII. To best protect your child's privacy, we suggest that you carefully supervise your child's access to the Internet and our website. For more information on how to protect your child's privacy, you can visit the Federal Trade Commission's Kidzprivacy page, accessible via www.ftc.gov.
By providing us with your PII, you are representing that you are over 13 and you are authorizing our use and disclosure of your PII as described in this Policy and any subsequent revisions to this Policy that we may publish on the Site.
3. Use and Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
DramaFever reserves the right to use your PII: (1) for the specific purpose for which such information was provided; (2) for the purposes disclosed at the time such information is provided; or (3) as disclosed in this Policy. However, please note that, as described above, we may change this Policy at any time Therefore additional uses of your PII may be authorized in the future. You should check the Site for updates to this Policy regularly in order to ensure you know how your PII may be used and with whom it may be shared.
DramaFever may use your PII to notify you of new Site Services and other offers you may find valuable. You can opt out of these emails at the time you register or by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any email. You can also unsubscribe any time you log into your account by going to your user profile and selecting the opt out button there. But please note that when you request to be notified of upcoming dramas by clicking on the 'Alert Me When Available' button (where available), you'll be automatically 'opted back in' so that we can send you the requested information.
DramaFever will not share your PII with third parties (other than third parties we use to help support the Site and provide the Site Services) except in the following circumstances:
- If you participate in certain Site activities (such as prize drawings), your PII may be shared or otherwise disclosed, including when we announce contest winners and award prizes. The rules provided by DramaFever for these activities will inform you about these other uses of your PII.
- If DramaFever, or all or a portion of its business, is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, or similar event, your PII may be transferred to the third party as a result of that event.
- And of course, DramaFever reserves the right to disclose your PII when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of other Site visitors, and/or to comply with a judicial or regulatory proceeding, court order, legal process, government request, or in similar circumstances.
4. Collection of NPII
As is the case with many websites, we gather certain technical and statistical information automatically and store it in log files. This information is not personally identifiable to you. It may include your IP (Internet protocol) address, Internet service provider, operating system, type of browser, geographic location, and activity on the DramaFever Site. We use this NPII to better understand how the Site Services are used, to customize your experience on the Site, and to help us improve the quality of the Site, Site Content and Site Services. We may also use this information on an aggregated, statistical basis to analyze market trends, requirements, interests and similar information.
In addition, certain NPII may be collected by DramaFever and our third-party advertising providers to monitor the usage of and serve advertising to the Site. Such information could include, by way of example, the number of times a user has viewed an advertisement but not PII relating to that user.
We may also share aggregated statistical NPII with third-parties, including our distributors, vendors, actual and potential customers and third-parties that offer products or services for use with the DramaFever Service. This information is not linked to any PII.
NPII is typically collected through cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that our Site places onto your computer's hard drive so that we can recognize you the next time you visit us. Web beacons allow us and our business partners to track your activity on the Site but will not track activity off the Site. You may disable cookies and web beacons by following directions on your web browser. You should be aware, however, that by disabling cookies you may be unable to access certain services and features of the Site Services.
We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect the information we collect, both PII and NPII, from unauthorized access and improper use. We keep that information on servers that are protected by firewalls and which we maintain or which are maintained by third parties under contract with us. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though, that, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measures are impenetrable and any connection you make with the Site or information you transmit to the Site will be at your own risk.
6. Links from the Site
DramaFever provides links to the websites, services and software of certain third parties. If you link to any of these third party Web sites, services or software, this Policy will not apply to your use of those sites, services and software. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on these sites, including their privacy policies. DramaFever shall have no responsibility or liability for your experience with, and the data collection and use practices of, such third party sites and software. All inquiries concerning the use of PII by a third party should be communicated to that third party. In addition, DramaFever makes no representation as to the quality, performance or content of any such third party sites, services or software. You understand and acknowledge that any access or use that you make of the same is at your own risk and DramaFever has no responsibility or liability for damages or other costs, expenses or claims, of any kind and based on any theory of law or equity, including negligence, arising out of such access or use.
7. Notice for Users Outside of the United States
8. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions regarding DramaFever's policies or practices relating to privacy, please direct them to email@example.com.