Yang Mi328 fans
- Age: 28
- Birthday: September 12, 1986
- Height: 5' 6" (168 cm)
- Weight: 99 lbs. (45 kg)
Yang Mi is a Chinese actress and singer born in Beijing, China. Her parents, a policeman and a housewife, saw that she was very spirited as a young child and enrolled her in a children’s television training course. At the age of four, she was selected to play as a young princess in a historical drama series, Tang Ming Huang (1990). Later, she focused on academic study while working as a magazine model.
She returned to acting in the 2000s and rose to fame for her roles in the drama series, The Return of the Condor Heroes (2006), and Chinese Paladin 3 (2009). She is considered one of the four most popular actresses in historical roles. Her popularity further increased with her starring role in Palace (2011) as a young woman who traveled back in time to Qing Dynasty’s palace life. Palace established stellar ratings and the theme song sung by Yang Mi also became popular.
As of 2011, Yang Mi branched out to take on roles beyond the historical genre. Her role in Beijing Love Story (2012) won her Best Popular Actress at the Chinese TV Golden Eagle Awards. Her successful performance in Palace also helped her land roles in movies such as Painted Skin: The Resurrection (2008).
Latest Casting NewsShow all
- Kim Soo Hyun cast in Producer
- Park Shin Hye cast in Heirs
- Lee Min Ho cast in Gangnam Blues
- Kim Woo Bin cast in Twenty
- Kim Bum cast in Hidden Identity
- Joo Won cast in Yong Pal
- Jo Jung Suk cast in Oh My Ghostess
- Lee Joon Ki cast in The Scholar Who Walks the Night
- Park Chan Yeol cast in EXO Next Door
- Ha Ji Won cast in The Time That I Loved You, 7000 Days
- Zhao Wei cast in Tiger Mom
- Kim Jong Kook cast in Running Man
PhotosUpload a photo
Post a New Comment
Please sign in to comment.Log in / Sign up