Bae Doo Na1,044 fans
- Age: 36
- Birthday: October 11, 1979
- Height: 5' 7" (171 cm)
- Weight: 108 lbs. (49 kg)
Bae Doo Na was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea, where she spent a great deal of time shadowing her mother, who was a famous stage actress at the time. While she followed her mother around, she was convinced that she would never be able to become an actor, because she was not talented enough. She went to Hanyang University where she was spotted on the street and recruited on the spot by a modeling agency, which got her into catalogues. This got her foot in the door, allowing her to get herself into the film business as an actress.
Her first role as an actress was in the television drama School, which got her enough notoriety to get a role as the ghost in The Ring Virus. She gradually worked her way up, getting larger and larger rules until she got a role as an archer in Bong Joon-ho's 2006 film The Host, which went on to become the highest grossing film in the history of the South Korean box office. She went on to gain a number of popular roles, most recently making the transition to Hollywood in The Wachowski's and Tom Tykwer's $100 million film Cloud Atlas.
Latest Casting NewsShow all
- Lee Dong Wook cast in Bubblegum
- So Ji Sub cast in Oh My Venus
- Kim Soo Hyun cast in Producer
- Park Shin Hye cast in Heirs
- Lee Min Ho cast in Gangnam Blues
- Kim Woo Bin cast in Twenty
- Park Hae Jin cast in Cheese in the Trap
- Choi Si Won cast in She Was Pretty
- Roy Chiu cast in Marry Me or Not
- Kim Yubin cast in Unpretty Rapstar
- Jung Eun Ji cast in Cheer Up!
- Kim Jong Kook cast in Running Man
PhotosUpload a photo
Post a New Comment
Please sign in to comment.Log in / Sign up