Hyunhaetan Marriage War
A comedic love story about a Korean man and a Japanese woman, where their love is tested by the prejudices of their fathers.
Hyunhaetan Marriage WarAlternate titles: 大酱君与纳豆王的结婚战争 Starring Im Ju Hwan and Akiba Rie
Im Joo Hwan (Boys Over Flowers) stars in this bubbly, cross-cultural love story. When Kim Dae Chun falls in love with a Japanese girl, he must fight against his prejudiced father. Takako must face an equally stubborn father. Dae Chun comes up with a plan for them to get married without obstruction from his parents: he teaches Takako to speak Korean in a heavy, folksy accent and instructs her to speak to his father as little as possible. He then introduces her under a Korean name, hoping to get married before anyone notices. Dae Chun's father initially approves, thinking that Takako is Korean, but all hell breaks loose when the truth comes out. Can the couple withstand family and societal pressure and prove that love really does transcend culture and race?
Shop Running Man at the FeverShop!
Latest Casting NewsShow all
- Gong Yoo cast in Goblin
- Sung Hoon cast in My Secret Romance
- Lee Dong Wook cast in Goblin
- Song Ji Hyo cast in Running Man
- Lee Hyun Woo cast in Lovely Love Lie
- Park Bo Young cast in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
- Choi Jin Hyuk cast in Tunnel
- Yeon Woo Jin cast in My Shy Boss
- Lee Min Ho cast in Heirs
- Yang Mi cast in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms
- Park Shin Hye cast in Doctor Crush
- Kim Woo Bin cast in Uncontrollably Fond