Hyunhaetan Marriage War
A comedic love story about a Korean man and a Japanese woman, where their love is tested by the prejudices of their fathers.
Hyunhaetan Marriage WarAlternate titles: 大酱君与纳豆王的结婚战争 Starring Im Ju Hwan and Akiba Rie
Im Joo Hwan (Boys Over Flowers) stars in this bubbly, cross-cultural love story. When Kim Dae Chun falls in love with a Japanese girl, he must fight against his prejudiced father. Takako must face an equally stubborn father. Dae Chun comes up with a plan for them to get married without obstruction from his parents: he teaches Takako to speak Korean in a heavy, folksy accent and instructs her to speak to his father as little as possible. He then introduces her under a Korean name, hoping to get married before anyone notices. Dae Chun's father initially approves, thinking that Takako is Korean, but all hell breaks loose when the truth comes out. Can the couple withstand family and societal pressure and prove that love really does transcend culture and race?
Shop Running Man at the FeverShop!
Latest Casting NewsShow all
- Gong Yoo cast in Goblin
- Lee Dong Wook cast in Goblin
- Lee Sun Gyun cast in My Wife's Having an Affair This Week
- Song Ji Hyo cast in Running Man
- Yoo Yun Suk cast in Doctor Romantic
- Ha Suk Jin cast in One Percent of Something
- Wang Kai cast in When a Snail Falls in Love
- Oh Ji Ho cast in Oh My Geum Bi
- Lee Min Ho cast in Heirs
- Jung Il Woo cast in Cinderella and Four Knights
- Park Shin Hye cast in Doctor Crush
- Kim Woo Bin cast in Uncontrollably Fond