Lee Young Ae1,247 fans
- Age: 46
- Birthday: January 31, 1971
- Height: 5' 5" (165 cm)
- Weight: 105 lbs. (48 kg)
Lee Young Ae burst onto the television scene in commercials in 1991 at the age of just 20. While being a television model certainly was a solid start for the young actress, her dreams and desires to star in television dramas and films grew stronger by the day. She received her big break in 1993 in the television drama How's Your Husband.
She also appeared in the 18-episode drama Papa, for which she earned several acting awards. In 2003, she starred in Dae Jang Geum, a critically acclaimed drama that was eventually exported to international audiences. Since then her fame has grown significantly, as international audiences received the actress extremely well.
The film Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is about a wrongly-convicted young woman who is out for vengeance upon her release from prison. The film walked away with several awards at film festivals and Lee Young Ae was recognized for her work in the film at several award events.
In 2009, Lee Young Ae married a Korean-American businessman and went on to give birth to twins. She has taken a break from the acting world since then, and has not appeared in films or television series since her runaway hit film in 2005.
Latest Casting NewsShow all
- Gong Yoo cast in Goblin
- Lee Dong Wook cast in Goblin
- Lee Sun Gyun cast in My Wife's Having an Affair This Week
- Song Ji Hyo cast in Running Man
- Yoo Yun Suk cast in Doctor Romantic
- Ha Suk Jin cast in One Percent of Something
- Wang Kai cast in When a Snail Falls in Love
- Oh Ji Ho cast in Oh My Geum Bi
- Lee Min Ho cast in Heirs
- Jung Il Woo cast in Cinderella and Four Knights
- Park Shin Hye cast in Doctor Crush
- Kim Woo Bin cast in Uncontrollably Fond
PhotosUpload a photo
Post a New Comment
Please sign in to comment.Log in / Sign up