15 Times Choi Young Do gave us second male lead syndrome
Ever since the first episode of Heirs (okay, the first promotional poster of Heirs), it's been pretty obvious that Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang were headed for romance. Choi Young Do (played by Kim Woo Bin) never even really had a chance, but his charismatic role has still left many fans of the show with a serious case of second male lead syndrome. Until Young Do gets a spin-off series or Woo Bin plays the lead in a new series, these fans are left sighing over poor Young Do and his failed first love. Even if you're a fan of the Eun Sang-Tan pairing, it's hard not to feel a little sorry for this major bad-boy-turned-sad-boy! Here are 14 moments in the show where Young Do gave us a case of second male lead syndrome:
1. That time he worked his eyebrow magic
One goes up, one goes down--it's like he has a puppeteer working those things!
2. That time he winked and all of our ovaries exploded
3. That time he pulled off these glasses and no one questioned him
4. That time we really, really wished we could catch a ride on his motorcycle
5. That time he just wanted a friend
WE VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!
6. That time he thought about the big picture
7. All those times he just wanted to feed the woman he loves
8. That time he even gave sass to a pack of bodyguards
9. That time he was vulnerable and we just wanted to give him a hug
10. That time he gave Eun Sang a hug just for being safe
11. That time he couldn't help himself from becoming a knight in shining armor
12. That time he understood Eun Sang waaaay before Kim Tan caught on
13. That time he was the best frenemy in the world
14. That time he cried over a home-cooked meal
...and we all cried with him.
15. Finally, last, but not least, that time...
Yep, THAT time.
What other Young Do moments gave you second male lead syndrome? Comment below!
Vivi is an unapologetic Korean drama addict and blogger. She blogs with her K-drama best friend Coco at Kdrama Fighting! In her free time, she likes to bring her commentary to the DramaFever crowd.