16 of the most impressive Studio Ghibli cosplays ever
There is an enormous chance that if you are a fan of anime, you are a fan of Studio Ghibli, a company that has found massive international success by producing numerous award-winning masterpieces. Because of this, at any anime-related convention you attend, you're bound to encounter many Ghibli cosplayers, some of whose costumes are absolutely incredible. Take a look at some of the most impressive, awe-inspiring cosplays of Studio Ghibli characters to this day:
1. Kamaji (Spirited Away)
If you've seen Spirited Away, you know that Kamaji has plenty of little worker buddies...
2. Soot sprites (Spirited Away)
3. Yubaba (Spirited Away)
I had to include three Spirited Away cosplays because...I just had to, okay?
4. Princess Mononoke (Princess Mononoke)
Beautifully legit! Make sure you also check out our post featuring a stunning cosplay of the Forest Spirit if you haven't already.
5. Kodama (Princess Mononoke)
I love seeing the more out-of-the-box ones like these guys and the soot sprites.
6. Kiki and Tombo (Kiki's Delivery Service)
This adorableness seriously puts my own Kiki cosplay to shame. The bike!!
7. Marco/Porco (Porco Rosso)
This cosplayer is bringing justice to a severely underrated Ghibli film.
8. Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)
A less realistic approach than the precious baby Totoro atop the post, but a truly awesome one. Sprites in the dress' tulle? So cute. But you can't have Totoro without...
9. Mei and Satsuki (My Neighbor Totoro)
They even have their own Catbus! Which reminds me...
10. Catbus (My Neighbor Totoro)
I've never needed anything so badly in my life.
http://dfvr.co/1i66Ygy”">Watch four rookie detectives fight crime under a hot-blooded, off-the-wall chief detective in You Are All Surrounded.
11. The White Witch (Ni No Kuni)
Video game cosplayers count too! Especially when they're as well done as this. Nailed the cape.
12. Ponyo, Sosuke, Fujimoto, and Granmamare (Ponyo)
...C-can I join your family?
13. Arrietty (The Secret World of Arrietty)
Extra points for making her look super tiny.
14. Sheeta and Pazu (Castle in the Sky)
Action shots outside of convention walls are the best.
15. Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)
This is great, but even a fake Ohm is creeping me out a little.
16. Turnip Head, Sophie, and...Howl's castle? (Howl's Moving Castle)
I saved my favorite for last: Howl's castle. Amazing.
Have you ever cosplayed as a Studio Ghibli character? Want to? Tell us about it in the comments!
P.S. Will someone please teach me how to sew?