8 Facts you need to know about the hit Chinese series Divorce Lawyers
Divorce Lawyer is one of the most popular Chinese dramas in Asia. Here are 8 facts you need to know about this drama:
1. Its online views reached over 1.6 billion in China within 30 days, breaking the historic record of VOD in China.
2. The cost for this drama also hit the record. The total investment reached 130 million RMB (around 20 million in USD).
3. It is the very first drama Yao Chen did after she gave a birth.
4. Leading actor Wu Xiu Bo actually decided to become an actor in his mid 30s. He became the top star in China when he was 40 year old. Rome wasn't built in a day. In the fullness of time a major figure will develop into a pillar of the state.
5. There are more than 150 outfits for Yao Chen in this drama. Bazaar's top stylist in China, Lucia Liu, was in charge of all the styles for this show.
6. Both leading actor and actress can sing. Especially Wu Xiubo used to have his own album released in 1996. He was in charge of creating, editing, and singing all of 10 original songs in that album. In the most recent variety show "I am a Singer, Wu Xiubo showed up as a supporting singer for his best friend Li Jian and gained a tremendous popularity.
7. Wu Xiubo actually won the International Emmy Award for Best Performance by an Actor, as playing in The Orphan of Zhao in 2014.
8. Yao Chen was nominated as UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador in 2014.
Can't wait to see more about Divorce Lawyer? Watch it for FREE on DramaFever.