9 K-pop videos to inspire your Halloween
From vampires and zombies to ghosts and werewolves, K-pop and the concept of the supernatural seem to go hand-in-hand as many groups look for ways to stand out from the crowd. With Halloween quickly approaching, we're getting into the spirit, so here are 9 K-pop videos to help inspire your Halloween
1. VIXX "Voodoo Doll" - This group is no stranger to strong concepts, but when it comes to the supernatural, "Voodoo Doll" was definitely their best to date. (Note: This is the "clean" version if the music video. The original may not be suited to all viewers.)
2. Jaejoong "Mine" -The concept of this one seems a bit all over the place until about halfway through, when he suddenly has vampire fangs and ends up sporting angel wings by the end of the video.
3. IU "Lost Child" - Wandering through the woods, IU is suddenly surrounded by creatures. While she is clearly afraid of them, there is no real explanation as to what type of creature they are. There is also a small appearance from Thunder of MBLAQ towards the end.
4. BigBang "Monster" - Whether born or the result of experiments, something definitely happened to the guys of BigBang in this music video...
See Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung make beautiful music together in Tomorrow’s Cantabile
5. LC9 "MaMa Beat" - This concept is also a bit unclear as to whether they are werewolves, demons, aliens, or just superheroes, but they clearly have super-human strength, glowing eyes, and heal unnaturally quickly.
6. 4Minute "Volume Up" - The girl group turned into vampires for this music video.
7. 100% "Beat" - This video is a bit reminiscent of Frankenstein as the girl tries to piece her lover back together by using his friend's body parts.
8. Boyfriend "Witch" - The group of vampires has been bewitched by a girl in this music video.
9. Block B "Jackpot" - While not supernatural, this video is definitely creepy circus...It also features actress Kim Sae Ron.
What did you think of K-pop's take on creepy? Which was your favorite from the list? Is there something you would add? Let me know all of your thoughts in the comments below or tweet @Hallyu_Tanya!