5 Popular dramas featuring epic battles of the sexes
They say "All's fair in love and war." The adage is so true when it comes to relationships, as romance and hormones could not only get in the way between a couple, but may also lead to joyous tears or bitter smiles. Let's see how these 5 couples overcome barriers of huge differences and fall in love.
1. The Master's Sun - This fantastic romance is usually categorized in the paranormal genre, but it's really about 2 people (So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin) from disparate backgrounds meeting under sheer coincidence, or perhaps by the hand of fate, and growing to love each other after they fight against each other's will in every way.
2. Madame Antoine - Fortuneteller Han Ye Seul battles with psychologist Sung Joon with wit, charm, and a strong dose of revenge, especially after she finds out he's been using her as a study subject. Can there really be two winners in the battlefield of love?
3. Twenty Again - Choi Ji Woo has to resolve past conflicts with high school friend Lee Sang Yoon, who is now her professor, in order to find real growth and true love. But first she has to resolve lingering anger from him.
4. Marry Me or Not? - Roy Chiu, a confirmed bachelor and divorce lawyer who does not believe in true love, finds Alice Ke irresistibly attractive as a worthy opponent in the battlefield of love. They'll learn to appreciate each other after they practically fight each other to the end.
5. Marriage Contract - Lee Seo Jin and UEE get married to satisfy each other's particular circumstances. He is the businessman who appears strong on the surface but is deeply wounded from past experiences, while she is the desperate woman who has an inner strength that helps her overcome adversity. They have something to offer to each other, but romance is the last thing on their mind when they agree to marry.
Although stories in dramas seem far-fetched sometimes, many of the lessons can be learned and appreciated in real life.
Is there a particular drama that you can relate to the most in the battle of the sexes?
(Photo/Image credit as referenced or as tagged)