DramaFever's top 10 most popular dramas in 2015
As we welcome exciting new dramas for the new year, it's also time to find out which dramas were the most popular for DramaFever viewers in 2015. The surprising result contains an interesting array of dramas ranging from young romance to thriller. Check it out and see if your favorite dramas are on the list.
The criteria is based on viewing, meaning, the dramas which were most watched by our viewers. We skipped the variety and reality shows and will present just the dramas here.
Here is the list:
10. Birth of a Beauty - In this hilarious combination of romance comedy and thriller, Joo Sang Wook helps housewife Han Ye Seul transform into an irresistible beauty in order to get revenge against her treacherous husband. They also can't help but fall in love.
9. Healer - Audience members were enthralled by the mystery surrounding Ji Chang Wook's "Healer" character and the secret romance that developed between him and Chae Young Shin (Park Min Young). How will they safeguard each other and find their way to a happy ending?
8. Noble, My Love - This hilarious web drama is especially great for viewers who are on the go or have a short break. It stars Kim Jae Kyung as a veterinarian who is pursued by Sung Hoon, who needs to learn compassion.
7. Boys Over Flowers - Adapted from the famed Japanese manga Hana Yori Danga, this drama has become an all-time favorite and is often the first drama that introduces a new viewer to the joyful world of Kdrama-land. It stars Gu Hye Sun and the F4 boys, Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon.
6. Blood - Gu Hye Sun, Ahn Jae Hyun, and Ji Jin Hee star in the fascinating thriller about vampires who are also doctors. It is Ahn Jae Hyun's first leading-man role after rising to fame in My Love From Another Star.
4. School 2015 - Kim So Hyun and Nam Joo Hyuk star in the newest addition to the famed KBS School series. Yook Sung Jae, who gave us a serious Second Lead Syndrome, also won Best Couple with Kim So Hyun at the recent KBS Drama Awards.
3. Pinocchio - Park Shin Hye and Lee Jong Suk star as two young reporters who find themselves in a tricky situation. She cannot lie, and he has to lie to survive. What happens when they are confronted with a crisis that compels them to change to uncover old secrets?
2. Oh My Ghostess - Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk play two chefs who fall in love, but she is possessed by a seductive ghost played by Kim Seul Gi. The touching drama embraces us with laughter and tears.
1. Heirs - Young lovers are confronted by social-economic gaps, family pressures, and corporate intrigue. Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye not only consolidated their star status but also helped a new group of rising young stars to fame, such as Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul, Kang Min Hyuk, Park Hyung Sik. and Krystal Jung.
Are you surprised that Heirs is #1? Lee Min Ho's Boys Over Flowers and Heirs have continued their stellar popularity over the years. Many fans tend to watch them more than a few times, and it can also be surmised that there are many newcomers to the Korean dramas (and other Asian dramas) who are discovering longtime favorites.
Bonus: In case you are wondering what the ranking would be if we didn't have Heirs, Boys Over Flowers, and Pinocchio (started in late 2014), the list would have included EXO Next Door, Love & Secret, and She Was Pretty.
You can also compare this list with another list that ranks the dramas with the highest user ratings.
Which of these dramas have you watched? Which ones did you miss and would like to catch?
(Photo credits as referenced or as tagged)