Food art tutorial shows how to make cute hippo bread to sit in your soup
How would you like a cute, edible hippo or two to be relaxing in your hot bowl of delicious soup? If that sounds like something you'd enjoy, this article contains a little tutorial complete with photos that will show you how.
When it gets as cold as it's been in New York the last few days, It seems all you want in your body during the freezing days and nights is a warm bowl of soup to heat your insides. Unfortunately, most soups don't really fill you up, which means you usually have to have your soup with something else to go with it. Now just imagine if you knew how to bake and make a cute, massive, hippo piece of bread to sit in you soup. You'd be drinking soup and entertaining dinner guests all winter!
Thanks to a woman named Sandra Denneler who posted her process online, you can make some Hippo Soup tonight! You will need some dough, flour, butter, black beans, black-eyed peas, and whatever kind of soup you like.
1. Knead the dough and make the shape. Sandra starts with the body, head, ears, nose.
2. After 15-20 minutes in the oven, let the bread cool and butter it up
Watch Park Min Young and Ji Chang Wook team up in the thrilling action romance Healer:
3. All that's left is cutting out the eyes and nose, then filling them in
4. Now there's a hippo in your soup!
5. Mother and baby hippo if you're extra hungry