FREAKY: Woman bitten by snake that had been sitting in a bottle of wine for three months
Just because a snake has sat in wine for three months doesn't mean it's drunk or dead. A woman from northeastern China, with the surname Liu, was bitten by a snake she had kept in wine for three months to help treat her rheumatism.
Liu bought the snake live but then preserved it in wine for ninety days. After she opened the bottle the reptile jumped out and bit her hand, which is pretty much the most terrifying thing ever! The woman was then treated at a nearby hospital. In many Asian countries, snake wine is considered a potent medicine. Just make sure the snake in the bottle is dead, otherwise you're in for one scary glass of wine.