How to make Korean Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
If you have a bag of chicken wings and want an easy and delicious finger food to take to parties or to feed family, Korean style chicken wings are perhaps the best thing you can make.
There are several different kinds of Korean chicken wings recipes, such as spicy Korean fried chicken wings with spicy Korean chili paste sauce, or non-spicy Korean chicken wings with soy sauce base. Either one is finger-licking good and will make everyone very happy.
Here is another recipe I would like to add to the Korean chicken wings list; Honey Garlic Chicken wings. Ton of garlic is used and it is so good. Hint of sweetness from honey makes this chicken wings extra delicious.
The good news is that it is quite easy to make as long as you don't mind mincing some garlic. Or just buy a jar of already minced garlic from the store to make your life easy.
Mince the garlic finely.
In a mixing bowl, combine chicken wings, garlic, rice wine, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat evenly. You will want to set it side for 15 minutes or several hours in the fridge.
Place cornstarch in a bag.
Add the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly. You will need to shake off the extra corn starch off the chicken.
Pan fry the chicken wings in a skillet with a generous amount of oil until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the wings to a plate and set aside.
To make the sauce, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, water and add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Mix well.
Heat a clean skillet over med-high heat until it gets very hot, add the sauce mixture and let it bubble and reduce in half, about 1-2 minutes.
Add the chicken wings and toss well.
Garnish with chopped green onion and red chili, or sprinkle some nuts. You will want to serve this hot since they tastes so much better hot.
Crispy outside and moist inside with a sweetness from honey and fragrance form the garlic deep garlic, this chicken wings are so tasty. You will go for more pieces. The recipe is easy to double if you want to feed a crowd. Hope you get to try this chicken wings. Delicious~!
Korean Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings and/or drumlets
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely minced (reserve 1 tablespoon for sauce)
- 2 tablespoon rice wine
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoon corn starch
- 2-3 tablespoon oil for cooking
- green onion and red chili for garnish
For the sauce :
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken wings with rice wine, garlic (reserving 1 Tbsp for sauce later), salt and pepper. Toss well and set aside for 15 minutes or chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Place cornstarch in a bag and add the chicken wings. Shake the bag to coat the chickens with the starch evenly. Shake off the excess starch before frying the chicken.
- Heat oil in a skillet and pan fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- For the sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Heat a clean skillet over med-high heat until it gets very hot. Pour the sauce and let it bobble and reduce, about 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken wings and toss them to coat with the sauce.
- Garnish with green onion and chili and serve hot.