How to make Korean Tuna Cabbage Rice Bowl
If you have a can of tuna and a piece of cabbage in hand, you can create a quick and easy meal that is delicious and healthy. Here is a Korean tuna cabbage rice bowl that you can make in no time!
Koreans like rice bowl meals. It's a one bowl dish, and doesn't require long cooking time. When you are hungry and don't have much time to cook, rice bowl dishes are the way to go. With a few Korean ingredients you might already have in your kitchen, you can whip up something delicious very quickly.
Here are the steps:
Drain a can of tuna, slice a 1/2 or 1/4 head of cabbage, chop green onions and garlic.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet and cook cabbage, green onion, and garlic until tender for about 3-4 minutes.
Add Korean Chili paste soy sauce...
Add Korean chili flakes, and sesame seeds.
Mix well while everything is well seasoned. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste. Throw some more green onions to top it off!
Fry an egg to your preference. I like mine sunny side up for my rice bowl.
Assemble the dish in a rice bowl. Drizzle a little bit of sesame oil on top.
Done! How quick is that?
I like to crack my egg yolk and let the yolk drizzle over the topping and the rice or you can mix it all up like a Bibimbap bowl. This delicious and filling meal is my perfect go-to recipe, when I don't have time or energy to make a big meal.
If you have all the Korean condiments like Korean chili paste, soy sauce, Korean chili flakes in your kitchen, try this out. Nothing fancy but very tasty meal ready in less than 10 minutes. This is a great way to get rid of leftover rice, too. Delicious~!
Korean Tuna Cabbage Rice Bowl
- 1 can solid tuna, drained
- 1/4-1/2 head of small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Korean chili paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Korean chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat oil in a skillet until hot. Cook cabbage, green onion, and garlic until slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tuna and mix gently. Add Korean chili paste, soy sauce, and chili flakes and toss gently to mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to your taste. Sprinkle sesame seeds and toss. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, fry eggs for your preference. Sunny side up is recommended.
- In a bowl, place rice and top with tuna cabbage topping. Place an egg on top. Drizzle a little amount of sesame oil and serve hot.