How to make Simple Korean Zucchini Side Dish
Zucchinis are plentiful anywhere around the world. Therefore I would like to share one extremely simple Korean zucchini side dish recipe today.
We call it zucchini fritters (hobak jeon, 호박전). Thinly sliced zucchinis are pan-fried first, then drizzled with simple soy sesame oil sauce. Some people like to coat the zucchini slices with flour and egg, but I like to keep them the way it is without any coating. It reduces extra work and tastes so fresh and delicious!
First, slice zucchine thinly.
Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat, and pan-fry them until some brown spots appear, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pepper, and green onion.
Then drizzle over zucchini slices. That's all!
This zucchini side dish can be served with any Korean meal (or other types of cuisine). Flavorful yet delicate taste of zucchini will enhance the taste bud of everyone. Hope you give this recipe a try. If you are looking for other various types of the delicious Korean side dishes, be sure to visit my website at Beyond Kimchee. Thanks!
Simple Korean Zucchini Side Dish
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil, or more if needed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh red chili for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, pan-fry zucchini slices until some brown spots appear, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bow, mix soy sauce, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pepper, and green onion. Drizzle over the zucchini slices and garnish with red chili if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.