QUIZ: How high is your K-drama Quotient?
Are you sure that you are a big fan of K-dramas? Many people can identify the newer K-dramas, such as Boys Over Flowers and You're Beautiful, but what about some of the older classics? I translated a quiz that includes some old and new classic K-dramas to determine your KQ (K-drama quotient). See if you can identify the title of each by the drawing:
The answers are below. Don't scroll down until you have finished guessing!
1. The Immortal Lee Soon Shin (불멸의 이순신 Bulmyeolui Yi Soon Shin) 2004-2005
Admiral Lee Soon Shin was a historic figure who is on the 100won (Korean coin).
2. M (엠 EM) 1994
M is a legend of Korean horror drama, and is famous for Ma Ri’s green eyes.
Secret agents dressed in black on the snowfield.
4. The Horse Doctor (마의, Maui) 2012-2013
5. All in (올인 Ol in) 2003
6 What Happened in Bali (발리에서 생긴 일 Bal-li-e-seo Saeng-kin il) 2004
The scene made korean women love Jo In Sung.
7. Stairway to Heaven (천국의 계산 Cheon-kuk-ui Gye-dan) 2003-2004
“Love always returns!!!!”
8. A Gentleman's Dignity (신사의 품격 Shinsa-ui Poomgyuk) 2012
9. Winter Sonata (겨울연가 Gyeoul Yeonga) 2002
The beginning of the Korean wave. The birth of Yon-sama.
10. Secret Garden (시크릿가든) 2010-2011
11. Nine: Nine Time Travels (나인:아홉번의 시간여행 Nain: Ahob Beonui Shikan Yeohaeng) 2013
12. Queen In Hyun's Man (인현왕후의 남자 Inhyeon Wanghu-ui Namja) 2012
13. I'm Sorry, I Love You (미안하다 사랑한다 Mianhada, Saranghanda) 2004
I am sorry for this picture, Ji Sub.... but I love you.
14. Chuno (추노 Chuno) 2010
15. Jewel in the Palace (대장금 Dae Jang Geum) 2003-2004
"I told you that I tasted a ripe persimmon flavor when I ate this food because it had a ripe persimmon flavor. If you ask me why I told you like that… I tasted a ripe persimmon…."
16. Temptation of a Wife (아내의 유혹 Anaeui yuhog) 2008-2009
One of the Kmakjang legends. They frequently use makjang devices, including birth secrets, potential incest, adultery, revenge, terminal illnesses, rape, murder, and suicide.
The quiz was not that easy. How many did you get? I will return with K-Variety Quotient!