QUIZ: What is your K-drama addiction level?
K-drama fans fall on a broad spectrum, from those who casually watch a drama now and then to those who eat, sleep, and breathe K-dramas. But where do YOU fall on this spectrum? Take this quiz to find out!
Instructions: Give yourself one point for each time a scenario describes you.
1. When you say, "just one more episode," it is NEVER just one more episode. Your family and friends know that "I'm just gonna finish this one scene" means that you'll be dragging yourself to bed sometime around 3:00 a.m.
2. When you watch K-dramas, you can sometimes anticipate the subtitles just by hearing the words. Oh, and you've never formally studied Korean.
3. You have purchased ramen or kimchi as the direct result of watching a drama.
4. You have cried actual tears during a drama.
5. Sometimes, you skip social events because you would rather watch a K-drama. When you're at social events, you sometimes wish you could go home to finish a K-drama.
6. In casual conversation, you have used the phrase "In this drama I watched..." to start an illustrative example.
7. You have watched more than 5 episodes of one drama in a single day. And you have done it more than once.
8. You have caught yourself unintentionally bowing to someone as a greeting.
9. Your "to do" list is prioritized something like this: 1. Watch episodes of (insert favorite drama here) 2. Study for finals 3. Shower
10. You are reading this article at work right now (GOTCHA!)
Now tally up your points and check your results...
0-3 points: Casual Viewer
Sure, you like K-dramas, but you also lead a balanced life. K-dramas are more of a side entertainment than anything else. When you say you can quit any time you want, you mean it. True K-drama addicts are insanely jealous of your K-drama poise and composure. HOW DO YOU DO IT?
4-7 points: Kdrama Lover
K-dramas are a full-blown hobby for you, just like cooking or running or using Pinterest tutorials to make glittery ornaments out of pinecones. It can be pretty time-consuming, but you usually know where to draw the line and still somehow lead a double life between K-dramas and the real world. Every once in a while, though, you may binge watch and beat yourself up later when you have to go to work on 3 hours of sleep.
8-10 points: Kdrama Addict
Your love of Kdramas has moved beyond a hobby and into an obsession. When you find a Kdrama that you love, it's hard for you to stop watching long enough to eat or brush your teeth. The good news? You're not alone! There are plenty of us out there with dark circles under our eyes from lack of sleep, stuffing our faces with ramen as our eyes are glued to the screen!
So what level of addict are you? Comment below!
Vivi is an unapologetic Korean drama addict and blogger. She blogs with her K-drama best friend Coco at Kdrama Fighting! In her free time, she likes to bring her commentary to the DramaFever crowd.