See why this Vice writer admits to being obsessed with K-dramas
As the Hallyu wave continues to wash over the world, the K-drama fandom continues to grow, which means that more and more attention is being given to the reasons why those who are exposed can't help but become addicted. Recently, a writer at Vice admitted to her K-drama addiction. She talked to DramaFever about the phenomenon, and here's what she had to report.
Her main points included the following:
1. K-dramas are appealing despite, and possibly because of, their chaste plots and characters.
2. The assumption that Americans don't want to read subtitles is wrong.
3. The K-drama fandom is very diverse, crossing typical race, age, and gender lines.
4. The universal themes in K-dramas are relatable to all people, not just Koreans.
5. American TV can learn a thing or two from Korean entertainment.
Watch an adorable guardian angel who suddenly becomes human survive the perils of high school and first love in High School-Love On
Read the full article HERE!
Do you agree with her points? Comment below!