The top 10 secrets Japanese lovers would keep from their significant others
When in a relationship, most all couples value communication and honesty. Sometimes, though, it's easier said than done when there are secrets that are best left kept hidden from significant others. A recent Japanese study asked Japanese men and women what secrets they would keep from their lovers. The answers they gave may just surprise you.
Honesty is the best policy, but according to a questionnaire created by Japanese internet company Research Plus, not everyone thinks this way. Here are a list of the top 10 secrets, according to a sample size of 250 Japanese men and 250 women in relationships, that they would definitely not let out about themselves.
1. I have more than a million yen in debt — 11.3%
1. I'm a spy for a foreign country — 11.3%
3. I used to or currently work in the sex industry — 10.1%
4. I've had cosmetic surgery done — 9.0%
5. I'm actually a member of the opposite sex — 8.1%
6. I'm in love with someone else — 7.6%
7. I used to or currently work as a hostess or host — 6.9%
8. I wear a wig — 5.8%
9. I have a nerdy/otaku body — 5.7%
10. I have a huge inheritance — 3.9%
1. I used to or currently work in the sex industry — 13.3%
2. I've had cosmetic surgery done — 12.0%
3. I have more than a million yen in debt — 10.7%
4. I'm in love with someone else — 9.2%
5. I'm a spy for a foreign country — 9.0%
6. I'm actually a member of the opposite sex — 8.8%
7. I used to or currently work as a hostess or host — 6.8%
8. I wear a wig — 5.4%
9. I have a kid — 4.7%
10. I have a nerdy/otaku body — 4.4%
So there you have it. My favorites are the ones about physical appearance. Your significant other will probably eventually figure out about your nerdy/otaku body, especially if things go well in the relationship, which hopefully they will. And the wig thing . . .that cover will probably eventually get blown on its own.
Watch SHINee’s Minho as a young man with hidden feelings for his best friend in Because It’s the First Time, a short series about life and love in the prime of youth:
Which of the above secrets would you keep from your's?