TERRIFYING: Cobra head kills chef after being decapitated
Well, file this one under absolutely terrifying. A decapitated cobra snake bit a chef named Peng Fan 20 minutes after its head was severed. The chef was cleaning the kitchen of a restaurant in Guangdong Province in China when the cobra retained its motor functions and bit the chef.
In case you're wondering what the cobra was doing in the kitchen, the restaurant serves cobra in their soup as many cultures believe that the terrifying snakes provide the body with healthy nutrients. The chef was preparing to throw out the cobra head when the snake bit his hand, and the eatery didn't have any anti-venom to stop the poison from entering his bloodstream.
Apparently cobra heads can still function several months after being severed so the lesson here seems to be, if you ever see a cobra snake, just run.
Miss Downton Abbey? Watch a talented young seamstress become a spy to help England fight the Nazis before WWII.