Tips for deciding what drama to watch next
K-drama addicts all have this problem at one point or other, the need for a new drama to watch and get addicted to. However, with the large amount of K-drama's out there it can be difficult to narrow down your options. These tips can help you find that one special drama you can throw all your work aside for and marathon!
Check out the tips below!
1. Look to your favorite actors or actresses for inspiration. If you’re lost about where to begin your search for a new drama, this is probably the easiest place to start. Research what other dramas your favorite actors or actresses have been or will be in.
2. The next easiest way to start your search is deciding what genre you’re looking for. K-drama’s range from quirky rom-coms to action packed vampire fantasy. If you’re looking for a lighthearted drama to fill in your time, rom-coms are good place to start. Or, if you have time and tears to invest go for Makjang dramas like Bridal Mask.
3. Check who the writers and producers were for previous dramas that you’ve enjoyed watching. Well known writers and producers are famous for a reason, though that doesn’t always mean their dramas will be a good. However, if you liked the style of one of their previous dramas you might also enjoy some of their other works.
4. If you've already narrowed down your list to a few dramas, try reading the recaps of the first 2 episodes. Skimming the recaps will give you a general idea of what the drama will be like while not spoiling too much about the drama.
5. Read some reactions from social media sites like Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook. One of my favorite things to do is search Tumblr tags and see what other people are saying about the drama. Who better to get recommendations from than you fellow K-drama addicts!
6. Another good way to narrow down your search is by number of episodes. Dramas range from 4 episode mini dramas to lengthy 50 episode dramas. However most dramas are between 16-20 episodes long. Once you've decided how much time you have to dedicate to a drama you can continue on your search.
7. Broadcasting stations are also a good way to pick dramas to watch. The three major broadcasting stations in Korea are KBS, MBC, and SBS, however recently TvN has made a name for itself by consistently releasing high quality dramas that become popular with the public such as Answer Me 1988 and Another Oh Hae Young.
8. Try keeping a 'dramas to watch list'. As you watch dramas you often come across dramas that you're interested in watching but maybe don't have the time to watch at the moment. Keeping a list will make it easier and quicker to fine a rebound drama when your suffering from withdrawals.
Next time you're having trouble deciding on what drama to watch next, try out these tips!
Did these tips help you find your next drama to marathon?