Top 5 tastiest Chinese street foods you have to try
Whether you're looking for something fried, something crunchy, or just something on a stick, China is home to some of the world's tastiest street foods.
Here are our top five.
5) Jianbing Guozi – This breakfast sandwich, originally from Shandong, is made by cracking a fried egg on a crepe and wrapping it around a cracker.
4) Street Barbeque – A classic and extremely versatile Chinese street food, but be careful: The right spices can mask the taste of rotting meat!
3) Youtiao – This simple delicacy, pronounced “Yo-tyow”, is a tiny strip of bread that’s fried in oil until it quadruples in size.
2) Mala Tang – This spicy soup is a street food take on Sichuanese Hot Pot in which vegetables and meats are cooked in a boiling pot of spicy soup. And finally...
1) Baozi! – Dumplings that come in all shapes and sizes and are filled with everything from pork to spicy noodles.
What are your favorite street treats? Let us know in the comments!