Welcome to DramaFever! We hope you (hereinafter, “You” or “Your”) enjoy Your time here. DramaFever Corp. ("DramaFever", "we", “us”, “our”) provides its services through the DramaFever.com website (the "Site"), certain software applications downloadable to supported mobile devices, consumer electronic devices and other mechanisms (collectively, the “Applications”), as well as other places where our services are available, including websites and applications of our third party distribution partners and other websites where users or website operates are permitted to embed or have otherwise licensed our video player (the “Video Player”) (collectively, “Portals”). Our video service, the Site Content (defined below), the Video Player, and any other features, tools, materials, products and services we offer through the Portals are collectively referred to as the “Service”.
Additional terms may apply to Your participation in certain supplemental activities through the Service, such as “giveaways”; these terms will be provided to You when You register for such activities.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be at least 13 years of age to use the Service and engage in activities through the Service. If You are not at least 13 years old, You should not be accessing Site Content, using the Service or submitting any PII.
Types of Information Collected
1. Information You Provide To Us. One type of Information is the kind that you provide to us that can identify You as a specific individual. We only collect PII ("Personally Identifiable Information") when You provide it to us directly in order to register as a member, participate in certain activities on the Service, or communicate with us (see Section 2 below). In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card information.
2. Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. Another type of information is the kind of non-personally identifiable information (“NPII”) collected and stored using automated methods.
We, and our “Partners” who include affiliates, third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Services. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers (such as an Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Services you have visited, Services visited before and after you visit a Service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Service (e.g., iOS, Android), your geographic location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see our Section titled Cookies, and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.
Collection of PII
DramaFever collects PII in the following ways:
1. If You register as a member on the Service or participate in certain activities on the Service, You will be asked to provide a limited amount of PII to allow us to establish Your account, personalize Your experience on the Service, and communicate with You in connection with Your use of the Service. You can edit the PII in Your account at any time by logging into the Site and clicking the “My Account” button.
2. When You notify us of a problem with any Site Content or the operation of the Service, or when You submit a suggestion, complaint, question, request, or any other e-mail correspondence, DramaFever asks for Your e-mail address so that You can receive a response. This information will only be used to notify You that we have received Your communication and to address Your comments or concerns. As used herein, “Site Content” includes the (i) television shows, movies, clips and other video content available on the Service, (ii) any postings, submissions and profiles of registered members of the Service if they elect to make their postings, submissions and profiles public, (iii) the Video Player, (iv) any other software provided by or accessed through the Service, and (v) any other content offered on or through the Service, including graphics, photographs, text, quotations, trademarks, logos, layout, design, interface, audio and video materials and stills.
3. When You post any PII on the Service, that posting will be stored on the Service. Please also note that if You post Your PII on the Service where it can be viewed by other visitors and Registered Members, Your PII becomes visible and available to those people.
By providing us with Your PII, You are representing that You are over 13 years of age and You are authorizing our use and disclosure of Your PII as described in this Policy and any subsequent revisions to this Policy that we may publish on the Service.
Collection of NPII
As is the case with many websites, we gather certain technical and statistical information automatically and store it in log files. This Information is not personally identifiable to You. It may include Your computer’s, mobile device’s, consumer electronic device’s or other mechanism’s IP address or other unique identifier, Your Internet service provider, Your domain server, Your type of computer, mobile device, consumer electronic device or other mechanism, Your type of web browser and operating system, Your geographic location, Your traffic sources, Your activity on the Service, and statistical information regarding the pages that You visit, content usage and software installation. We use this NPII to better understand how the Service is used, to customize Your experience on the Service, and to help us improve the quality of the Service. We may also use this information on an aggregated statistical basis, both to understand general use of and interaction with the Service, as well as to analyze market trends, requirements, interests and similar information.
In addition, certain NPII may be collected by DramaFever and our third-party advertising providers to monitor the usage of and to serve advertising to the Service that is targeted to You based on Your visits to the Service and other websites. Such information could include, by way of example, the number of times You view an advertisement but not PII relating to You. Certain of our third-party advertising providers are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), which offers a tool that allows You to “opt-out” of receiving targeted advertising from NAI members on websites using cookies, like ours. Learn more about the NAI and “opting-out” at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. Please note that opting out does not mean You will no longer receive any online advertising. You will still receive non-targeted ads when You’re online.
We may also share aggregated statistical NPII with third-parties, including our distributors, vendors, actual and potential customers and third-parties that offer products or services for use with the Service. This information is not linked to any PII.
Use of Information
We, along with our Partners, may use the Information to:
1. provide and communicate with you about the Services or your account with us,
2. fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
3. respond to your inquiries, and notify you if you have won a contest,
4. communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
5. enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information,
6. provide technical support for the Services,
7. prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services,
8. protect the safety of our Users,
9. customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the Services or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
10. perform analysis regarding how you use the Services or any part thereof,
11. send gifts, cards, invitations or emails if you use these services, to your designated recipients.
When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you exclusive content, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our Services, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you the latest news, special offerings, and rewards, and (4) enable you to share your experience and content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through an application, through our Services, or on social media services or other third party platforms, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
We or a Partner may use “cookies” or similar technologies to associate certain of the Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser. For information about how these technologies work and how we may use them, please see our section titled Cookies, And Other User And Ad-Targeting Technologies. Sometimes, we may associate cookies with the Information, including de-identified, “hashed,” or anonymous versions of Information you have provided (such as during registration), in order to send or help our Partners send ads and offers based on your presumed interests or demographic information.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
DramaFever reserves the right to use Your PII: (1) for the specific purpose for which such information was provided; (2) for the purposes disclosed at the time such information is provided; or (3) as disclosed in this Policy. However, please note that, as described above, we may change this Policy at any time. Therefore additional uses of Your PII may be authorized in the future. You should check for updates to this Policy regularly in order to ensure You know how Your PII may be used and with whom it may be shared.
DramaFever may use Your PII to notify You about new features and other news and offers You may find valuable. You can opt out of these emails at the time You register or by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any email. You can also unsubscribe any time You log into Your account by going to Your user profile and selecting the email opt-out button there. But please note that when You request to be notified of upcoming releases, You'll be automatically 'opted back in' so that we can send You the requested information.
DramaFever will not share Your PII with third parties (other than third parties we use to help provide and support the Service), except in the following circumstances:
1. If You participate in certain activities through the Service (such as prize drawings), Your PII may be shared or otherwise disclosed, including when we announce contest winners and award prizes. The rules provided by DramaFever for these activities will inform You about these other uses of Your PII.
2. If DramaFever, or all or a portion of its business, is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, or similar event, Your PII may be transferred to the third party as a result of that event.
3. DramaFever reserves the right to disclose Your PII when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of other visitors, and/or to comply with a judicial or regulatory proceeding, court order, legal process, government request, or in similar circumstances.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose the Information as follows:
1. To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Services, forums and online communities; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (k) otherwise support our Services.
2. In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request or similar request.
4. We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
5. We may share the Information with affiliates, so they can provide, improve and communicate with you about their own, or their marketing partners’ products and services.
6. We may share the Information with unaffiliated Partners and third parties (e.g., our third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and non-profit organizations) that wish to market products or services to you. If you wish to opt out from such sharing please visit the How to Contact Us/Opting Out of Marketing Communications section below for further instructions.
Cookies and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies.
2. Syncing Cookies and Identifiers. We may work with our Partners (for instance, third party ad platforms) to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with cookies) in order to match our Partners’ uniquely coded user identifiers to our own. We may do this, for instance, to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device, and thus enable us or others to send ads that are more relevant, match Users to their likely product interests, or better synchronize, cap, or optimize advertising.
3. Locally Stored Objects. Affiliated services may employ locally stored objects (“LSOs”) and other client side storage tracking technologies in certain situations where they help to provide a better user experience, such as to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies, or in order to target or help our Partners target ads, analyze ad performance, or perform user, website or market analytics. For LSOs utilized by Adobe Flash you can access Flash management tools from Adobe’s website The words “Adobe’s website”. In addition, some, but not all browsers, provide the ability to remove LSOs, sometimes within cookie and privacy settings.
We may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity, including those integrated with our Services. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques. To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by those third parties that are members of DAA’s opt-out program, please go to About Ads.
5. Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use "web beacons" or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a Service or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Service or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that Service. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
6. Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers, publisher-facing, or app developer platforms that use mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”), or use an SDK with a mobile app that we offer, to collect Information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), and Information connected to how mobile devices interact with our Services and those using our Services. A mobile SDK is the mobile app version of a web beacon (see “Web Beacons” above). The SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed. We may use this technology to deliver or help our Partners deliver certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. If you’d like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions in the “Your Ad Choices” section below.
By visiting the Service, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Service through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
Our unaffiliated Partners and third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit our Services and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use the Service. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
Your Ad Choices
Advertising enables us to provide the rich content for which our services are known, and to provide much of this content free of cost to our Users. Thus, we strive to provide you with ads that are relevant to you and for products you may want.
To learn more about interest-based ads and the choices available to you, You may find more information about entities involved in online advertising and additional choices you may make through the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service, and the Digital Advertising Alliance (the “DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice Service . Note: the tools provided on the DAA opt-out page and the NAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, not DramaFever. DramaFever does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
When using a mobile application you may receive tailored in-application advertisements. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device. In addition, each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact (or review the applicable privacy web page of) the applicable platform operator.
Other Important Information About Your Privacy
In addition, DramaFever makes no representation as to the quality, performance or content of (a) any such third party websites, services or software, or (b) any third party advertisements displayed on or through the Service. You acknowledge and agree that any access or use that You make of the same is at Your own risk and DramaFever has no responsibility or liability for damages or other costs, expenses or claims, of any kind and based on any theory of law or equity, including negligence, arising out of such access or use. Nothing in the fact that DramaFever provides links or pointers to any third party website, service or software, or allows You to access such websites, services or software from the Service, should be construed as an endorsement or representation by DramaFever with respect to such websites, services or software. Likewise, nothing in the fact that DramaFever displays third party advertising on the Service should be construed as an endorsement or representation by DramaFever with respect to the third party advertiser or the advertised products or services.
2. International Transfer, and Notice for Users Outside of the United States. You should be aware that the United States and other countries have not harmonized their privacy regulations. Because the Service is intended specifically for users in the United States, we have written this Policy to satisfy United States regulations. By using the Service, You agree to the level of privacy protection set out in this Policy.
3. Data Security. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect the information we collect, both PII and NPII, from unauthorized access and improper use. We keep that information on servers that are protected by firewalls and which we maintain or which are maintained by third parties under contract with us. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though, that, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measures are impenetrable and any connection You make with the Service or information You transmit to the Service will be at Your own risk.
4. How You Can Access or Correct Information. Access to certain personal Information that is collected from our Services and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Service, you can access that account to review the Information you provided.
Updated as of: August 24, 2015